Dr. Levenson is a Certified Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist and Supervisor and is a member of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). Approximately one-half of her client hours are spent doing couples therapy.
As a certified EFT supervisor, Dr. Levenson provides consultation in the model. Contact her for information about receiving individual or group consultation (either in person or long-distance). Supervision in EFT provides a place to:
Dr. Levenson also does presentations on EFT research and clinical applications. For a PowerPoint copy of her presentation on the "Effects of Training in EFT" to the Annual Convention of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, click here. For an announcement of her presentation to the EFT Summit, 2010, click here.
- Learn EFT interventions and formulation strategies
- Get detailed feedback on cases
- Become comfortable audio or videotaping sessions
- Form a supportive, interactive group
- Practice and refine skills
- Apply attachment and systems theories to clinical situations
- Earn hours that can be applied toward EFT certification
Dr. Levenson is one of the founders of the Northern California Community for EFT (NCCEFT), which is affiliated with the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy.